Friday, July 15, 2016

Niagara Falls.

Today we visited the Niagara Falls. We started with a ride on the Maid of the Mist. We all received blue ponchos which blew all over in the intense winds. The wind also whipped in my hair and my glasses became useless with water droplets. I was pleasantly surprised that the falls didn't smell as bad as the Sioux Falls, especially since we were right up in them. There was one point During the ride I had to just close my eyes and wait until the water stopped stinging my face. It was exhilarating! When we were done Lucas said, "I thought they'd be bigger." I had to agree with him. I thought they'd be really tall. But what they lacked in height, they made up for in ferocity. I am not sure how anyone, in any circumstances, went over those falls and lived. I know it's been done, but it's incomprehensible.

Next we trucked it over to the Cave of the Wind tour. We had seen the tour on the boat ride and it looked insane. First they suited us up in super stylish sandals, presumably for their superior traction on the wet decks, and another round of rain ponchos. This time yellow. Next we walked along the red boardwalks and stairs and were continuously pummeled by stray water. It was amazing to be so close to so much power and beauty. 
We all laughed and laughed as we got wetter and wetter. The grand finale was the huricane deck. It was brutal! We didn't stand a chance in the driving wind and water. But we tried anyway. 

Like a sucker, I bought the souvenir photo and then we headed for some ice cream. Per my new normal, I did not get to have ice cream and instead drank an apple juice. I rage drunk that damn apple juice, throwing myself a pity party for the ice cream I missed out on. Thankfully the sugar in the juice had much the same effect as the ice cream and I perked up. 

We got home in time for Jason to make yummy chicken scampi for supper. In fact, we ate chicken for lunch today too because we are afraid that Canada won't allow our afordable yet delicious Costco chicken. 

Resting by the fire tonight in full fledged flannel Jammies, socks, and my favorite blanket. Tomorrow we take the circus international as we cross into Canada. Wish us luck!

Goodnight from the Munsch bunch. 

Jason and the two bigs have been reading up a storm. 

The horseshoe falls. 

Me and my Lukey. Can you see Canada, eh?

Pure awesomeness. 

Hurricane deck. 

Good night Lake Ontario. 







No comments:

Post a Comment