Saturday, July 23, 2016

I in no way sound like an owl.

It is dark, the boys are playing a kids version of would you rather, and Jason and I are listening to an owl hoot away in a nearby tree while we relax around a fire. 

Today we washed just enough underwear and shorts for the boys to make it home on Wednesday. We are on a tiny island and there are 5 working coin operatered washers available. A random nice lady offered to hold our place in line behind her three loads while we went shopping in the island "store". The store was like a well stocked gas station where a half gallon of milk was $4.59. For lunch, I ate a sandwich that Jason whipped up from our groceries, while watching the laundry dry. Pretty nice little Saturday morning. 

Then it was time to swim! My favorite part of every day. The water was freezing but we swam anyway. Then, while Jason snorkeled (he's trying to find a lost treasure), the boys and I fortified a sand castle with one heck of a rock sea wall. The wind picked up and the waves started coming up over our sea wall. Lucas begged for us to leave because he didn't want to see his castle destroyed. We obliged. 

Back at camp we started our second fire of the day and warmed up. We ate and read around the fire before the boys went for a walk. Once back, they talked me into going down to the beach and going swimming again. The sun was setting in the bay and it was reflecting off a thunderhead in the east. The top was peach and swirled down into pinks and purples and the water turned a bright lilac as it mirrored the clouds. Perfection. 

We warmed up with our third fire and as I write this I'm dressed head to toe including a cardigan and my favorite blanket. The weather is amazing. 

The owl continues to hooty-hoot-hoot in the background as I try to hoot back. Unfortunately for the rest of the campground, I sound nothing like a hooty  owl. 

Until tomorrow,
Goodnight from the Munsch bunch. 

Groovy art car near the laundry mat. 
It was really cool. 

He really likes milk. 

The fortress. 
An arm load of wood. 

The deer (or perhaps this one deer) are incredibly tame and walk quite near us. 

I was unable to capture all the beauty of the sunset because I was in the water marveling at it colors when it all went down. This was before hand. 












No comments:

Post a Comment