Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Mrs. Munsch visits Michigan.

Today's drive was long. We drove forever through Ontario and then some more through the upper peninsula. Both were endlessly beautiful. 

Along the way we ate lunch at a McDonald's in a Walmart in Canada. The hamburger was delicious!! 

Jason and I finished our Craig Ferguson book (I am writing this entire post in a Scottish accent) which was quite good, and the boys watched four hours of Pokemon. 

We finally arrived at our campground and got all set up. Right next to the playground. Which I thought would be great for the kids but turned out to be a nightmare. It seemed as though all of the tweenagers present suffered from voice immodulation (look it up). We pulled in a little before 8 and the noise was constant while I patiently waited until 10 pm to walk over, in my flannel owl pajamas, and tell them in my official Mrs. Munsch voice that they were being obnoxious and rude and it was time to be quiet. With shocked faces they quietly complied. 

The rest of the evening has been delightful. The sun didn't fully set until after 10 and we sat by the fire as a family and chatted until one by one the boys headed to bed. 

The air is cool and dry and I am snuggled in my Jammies and sleeping bag next to the fire while Jason reads his third book by flashlight. 

Life is good. 

Goodnight from the Munsch bunch. 
Apparently in Canada, garbage trucks careen recklessly into traffic and you must watch for the them. School buses also do this. 

Right by our campsite. 

Ahh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment