Thursday, July 14, 2016

Lake Ontanrio

Today was easy breezy. And beautiful. We woke late as we didn't get done with laundry last night until about 10. The laundromat was approximately 300 million degrees and it cost us at least one billion dollars to do all of our laundry. 

We've decided that we could easily have never left Minnesota based on the scenery. Lots of lakes and trees and a pretty flat terrain. 

I've also noticed that people are pretty much just people no matter you go. We've been cordial and have received nothing but the same in return. I realize that this is not everybody and everywhere, but is the rule and not the exception. 

Today we went to Walmart for groceries and supplies, to a local mall for some window shopping, swimming in Lake Ontario at a local beach, had noodles and sauce for supper, and are chilling around the fire as the sun sets. I may be forcing my desire to wear a cardigan by the fire a little bit, but overall it felt like a day at home. 

Now my reflections on Lake Ontario: like the two lakes before it, it is gorgeous. But were you aware that all of the other lakes dump into Lake Ontario? I probably was too, but didn't take the time to think about until we went to get in the water. It was at that moment when I had the overwhelming feeling that this had to be the dirtiest of the Great Lakes. All the other lakes crap dumps into this little bugger at the end. Yuck. My irrationality was further fueled by the smell wafting in with the waves and all the icky green algae floating on the surface. At any rate, I did not want to get in. To make matters just a little bit less appealing the shores of Lake Ontario are not lined with sand but with large flatish stones. They are beautiful to look at but a nightmare to walk on. In the end, I tripped and grumbled my way into the water, which was FREEZING!! Ugh. Worst Great Lake ever. 

Overall, today was pretty relaxing and fun. Tomorrow we're going to see the falls, which I imagine will be breathtaking.

For tonight, sleep tight. The Munsch bunch. 

Morning coffee. 

The shore near our campsite. 

I liked the veins in this rock. 

Marcus is the first in, and Lucas is a little nervous. That about sums them up. 

Lucas and Jason in Lake Ontario. 

The stones were SO PRETTY!

Marcus really wanted a picture with this rock. 

Jason just said, "that beach was disappointing today. But kind of fun." This is why I love him!

The only shade we had was from the camper next to us. 

The sky was purple and pink. 

Fire. 











 






No comments:

Post a Comment