Thursday, July 7, 2016

Luke's birthday at Noah's Ark

Well it rained last night. Like a lot. A small stream was flowing beneath the camper right where all the chairs were stacked. Not ideal. 

We also woke up to rain and were a little worried that Lucas' birthday at a water park was not going to happen. At least I was. I was ready to scrap our tickets and buy new tickets at an indoor park. Jason, however, was far more optimistic. His radar and forecast (which is somehow always different from mine even though we both use various apps) projected sun after 11:00. Also, he wasn't about to spend more money on water park tickets. 

As Jason made us cinnamon muffins for breakfast, the rain let up. We changed and hopped in the car. It was still cool and cloudy but this was going to happen.  And happen it did. 

The day was spectacular! The park wasn't busy meaning we got to ride all of the rides we wanted. Everybody's favorite was the Black Anaconda coaster slide. Later Samus and I thought it would be fun to do a zip line over water. He sailed down the line with his legs tucked up to his stomach, dropped at the bottom, and free styled to the ladder. I envisioned myself doing much the same thing except I would crunch my legs up tighter. In reality, as soon as my butt left the platform I flopped down into the pool. Turns out I have absolutely no hand or upper body strength. In fact, I might have a negative amount of strength because that line did not zip one tiny bit. After that miserable failure I went on this crazy slide where they drop the floor out from under you and then you go upside down through a loop. It was not fun. But I did it and I'm glad I did. I've tried explaining my thoughts on such matters to the boys: even if you're afraid, you need to try new things. Don't let fear keep you from living. 

Speaking of fear, Lucas was pretty certain he was going to die today when he got on a flume like ride with Jason and the lap bar was 6 inches off his legs. He clung to the side of Jason like a spider monkey to it's mama. Once the ride was over and he found out he was alive, we went on the ride two more times. Both times he rode with Jason. 

Anyway, we spent approximately one million dollars on hamburgers and fries for lunch and then tipped them another quarter million dollars because I asked them to check the ingredients on all of the food. I'm a hoot to eat with now that I'm allergic to all of the things. 

After we closed down the water park and got back home, Jason decided that six hours of walking in 80% humidity wasn't enough and took a hike. What a nut. Meanwhile the boys and I hunkered down and watched a movie in the air conditioning. 

J never did get a fire going last night, so hopefully I get a Smore tonight. I'll keep you posted. I know you're on the edge of your seat to find out. 

Tomorrow we're on our way to beautiful Indiana. 



No comments:

Post a Comment