Sunday, June 14, 2015

Just like home. Except different.

On Friday, after our day in San Francisco, we had a typical Sunday at home. Well a Sunday on a Friday. The boys played cars in the dirt. Jason and I blogged. I stayed in my pajamas until noon. It was lovely. 

In the afternoon we drove down to the beach to build sand castles and dip our toes in the ocean.

In Northern California, there are signs everywhere warning about grizzly ocean deaths. Being a mom is extremely difficult when you're kids (and you) are experiencing so many new things everyday. Being an anxious mom makes things even more difficult. The signs advised staying up beyond the berm lest you be sucked in and drowned. Naturally that's where I wanted everyone to stay. Naturally that's where no one wanted to be, including Jason. He desperately wanted to put his feet in the ocean. Sometimes I've got three boys, other times I'm trying to manage 4 curious boys. 

After taking several deep breaths and pushing the images of my whole family drowning to death out of my head, I allowed the boys to take turns holding Jason's hand and dipping just the tips of their toes in the water. 

Once the initial dip was over and nobody died, I loosened up and dipped my toes in too. Whew. We were all still alive. And now we were having fun. Like I said, being an anxious mom is hard. 


After surviving the beach, we headed home and watched The Croods while eating 5 chocolate chip cookies at a time, straight out of the tiny oven. 

It turned out to be the perfect relaxing day that everyone needed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment