Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Grandpa and grandma came for a visit

Sunday was a particularly exciting day during our trip because my mom and dad flew in from Aberdeen. 

The boys could not wait to take them to the beach! While we were waiting for them, one of the boys yelled, "I think I see their car!". Nope. No you didn't. Because unlike the crazy Munschs they did not drive here. In fact, when they showed up they were sporting a jet black Dodge Challenger from the rental company. A far cry from their white whatever at home. 

Once down at the water we all got in-except for Dar. Reportedly he was there to keep an eye on the kids. I don't know how we survived the night before without him (please note the sarcasm).

Despite the water being quite cold, we all frolicked in the ocean like of bunch of little kids-nevermind that half of us were in fact little kids.

After getting our fair share of sun and surf we asked the lifeguard for a dinner suggestion. I don't think you're supposed to distract lifeguards, particularly for restaurant advice, but he kindly directed us down the shoreline to a delicious seafood restaurant called Fisherman's. Thank god I stopped counting calories somewhere near San Francisco because everything tastes so good on this trip. We're not sure if things actually taste so amazing or if we're just really really hungry everytime we eat. But hey, I did make a healthy choice at supper by getting a salad without dressing. And then I ate a half a loaf of bread. I really hope I'm not undoing months of hardwork. 

I digress. The food was spectacular and company even better. We had to get home and get to bed, for in the morning we were going to Disneyland!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment