Monday, June 3, 2019

Just me typing. No videos.

I feel better writing than videoing myself. So here’s my take on yesterday.

As Munsch mentioned, Iowa is boring. It’s like driving through South Dakota. Similarly, Indiana, and Ohio are equally uneventful in the way of views. However, Ohio does have the most amazing rest areas I’ve ever seen outside of Canada. Food, bathrooms, and gas all without getting off the interstate that you’re paying to drive on. Very convenient. But then, as soon as we entered Pennsylvania the scenery magically transformed into rolling hills, deep gorges, and lush, green forests. Ah, Pennsylvania.

It was about this time that Jason and I had a quick conversation about how the day was “flying by” and “so much better than yesterday's drive.” This chat immediately resulted in an hour long construction delay when we were twenty miles from our destination. Now, I understand the difference between causation and coincidence. Our cheery attitudes CAUSED that delay. And not only did they cause the delay, but they also rerouted us to get off the interstate ten miles before our actual exit and take us to our campsite via backroads. For the entire ten miles Jason quipped, “I could have sworn this state park was right off the interstate. Like it bordered the interstate.” Right before we turned off to the park another sign directed us to the immediate on and off ramps to the interstate. Why? Why gps would you do that? How does it decide, “Hmm. I bet they want to see some scenic, sleepy little towns instead of going directly to their campsite. I mean they’ve only been driving for eleven hours, no way do they want to arrive at their destination sooner.”?

I digress. Anyway, the campground was a lovely little spot to spend the night. It was cool outside, had pretty surroundings, and was remarkably empty. Just right. And in the end the silly detour was actually enjoyable.

Once we ate away our irrational anger and sadness, we settled down and slept like dead horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment